It goes without saying that social media is the pulse of every business' success, especially now that millions of people scroll through various social media platforms each minute.
Businesses now partner with freelance social media marketers and influencers to gather a huge online audience, create a solid online presence therefore, maximizing their profits.
Like most other professions, social media marketers and employers need social media contracts to prevent any involved parties from violating the necessary terms and conditions.
This could be violating the disclosure rules and guidelines, influencers portraying bad behavior that may ruin the company's reputation, among others.
There are a lot of simple social media contract templates online, both paid and free ones, so choosing one that suits your needs and preferences can be challenging. Well, below are comprehensive reviews of some of the best social media contract templates that are guaranteed to help you make a better decision on which one is the ideal one for you.
So, let's get started, shall we? But first things first, let's take a look at some of the must-haves in a social media contract.
Essential Sections in a Social Media Marketing Contract
For a contract to fully protect you and your client or freelance social media marketer, it has to have the following sections.
a) The parties in agreement: This section should include the names, addresses, and other vital information of the parties involved in the project.
b) Scope of work: This section should have a clear outline of the tasks you will be working on throughout the project duration. This will help you and the client agree on the payment rates and schedule. It will protect you from being overcharged and underpaid.
c) The exact timeline of the contract and termination provision: This section should clearly state the project duration. It should also indicate what needs to be done if the project needs to be terminated before the agreed date.
d) Fees and expenses: This section should contain precise details of your payment rates, schedules, and terms as a freelance social media marketer. It should also include an outline of the finances needed for the smooth running of the project.
e) Confidentiality agreements and ownership of work: The section should include a clear statement explaining the non-disclosure agreement between the involved parties. It should have a statement indicating who owns the rights to the work done, which in this case is the client.
f) Jurisdiction and mediation: In case there are any disagreements or conflicts between the involved parties, this section indicates the legal procedures to be followed to settle them.
g) Guarantee: While it is difficult to promise specific results to a client, it is important to give the client a rough idea of what to expect once the work is done.
Best Simple Social Media Contract Templates Reviews
1. Bonsai Social Media Marketing Contract Template
Bonsai is one of the most recommended social media contract templates, especially for beginning freelancers because of how easy and reliable it is.
What We Like About Bonsai Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- It is easy to use. The template comes with everything you need. All you have to do is add your personal and work details and then sign it with just a couple of clicks. What's more, they also provide a step-by-step editing guide to help make things easier.
- The contract is legally vetted and approved by lawyers, so you don't have to worry about going against the relevant state laws and regulations.
- It takes just a few minutes to draft and edit a contract. What's more, it can be electrically signed by both parties once it is completed.
- It offers a free trial, allowing you to draft and edit as many contracts as you like before deciding whether you want to subscribe to a paid plan or not. However, if you want to make the most out of what the platform offers, it is best that you go for the paid template.
- Apart from providing straightforward and effective contracts, Bonsai also automatically creates proposals and invoices. It also offers a time tracking feature for freelancers to track their projects' durations and an all-inclusive dashboard that provides you with a general overview of all your ongoing projects.
What We Don't Like About Bonsai Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- The platform does not support a lot of payment methods.
2. AND.CO Freelance Social Media Marketing Contract Template
This is another reliable social media contract template that is worth a try. The platform promises a sophisticated contract template that is guaranteed to maintain a mutual, secure, and fair working relationship between you and your client.
What We Like About AND.CO Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- It is very straightforward. The templates are easy to use, thanks to the detailed guide on their website. What’s more, both you and your client can sign it online once completed.
- The contract has been vetted and approved by the freelancers union, ensuring that you and your client adhere to the relevant state rules and regulations.
- It is highly customizable. AND.CO also allows you to attach additional notes in the contract even after it has been signed. What’s more, it also allows you to turn the clauses on or off whenever you want.
- Apart from creating contracts, AND.CO also enables you to create invoices and proposals. It also provides an all-inclusive dashboard that enables you to manage your tasks, track your expenses and payments, receive detailed reports, and more! And that’s not all; once you subscribe to a paid plan, you receive a free one-on-one training session with a person from AND.CO, to help you get the hang of how to create a contract.
- The platform also enables you to receive real-time alerts when the contract is signed or viewed.
What We Don’t Like About AND.CO Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- Although the platform comes with a wide range of new features, they tend to be buggy, therefore, interrupting the whole contract creation process.
3. Proposify Social Media Marketing Contract Template
Proposify offers accurate, easy-to-use and reliable social media contract templates that are especially ideal for clients who work with a team.
What Like About Proposify Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- It offers a free trial, allowing you to create and edit as many contracts as you want. But if you want to utilize all the platform’s features it is best that subscribe to a paid plan.
- It comes with easy-to-use approvals and permissions. This feature allows you as the creator of the contract to lock out any editing made by other team members. It also allows you grant specific privileges and permissions to each team member, to prevent anyone from making any changes to the contract without your approval.
- Proposify also provides live demos on their website to give a brief look at how the templates look like and how the features work.
- The platform also allows you to store images of the current contract, which you can refer to when creating other contracts in future.
- The contract templates comply with the relevant laws and regulations.
- Proposify allows you and any other involved parties to sign the contract online.
- Apart from contracts, Proposify also offers automatically generated proposals, invoices, and more!
What We Don’t Like About Proposify Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- The platform does not support a lot of payment methods.
4. Rocket Lawyer Social Media Marketing Contract Template
Rocket Lawyer is best known for offering legal and reliable documents and services for businesses and freelancers, and their contract template is no exception.
What We Like About Rocket Lawyer Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- The template is highly customizable, allowing you to make revisions and copies of the contract whenever you want to. What’s more, it also enables you and other involved parties to sign the contract online.
- The platform allows you to create and save the contract on any device. What’s more, it also allows you to download and print it whenever you want to.
- The templates are vetted and reviewed by top-notch lawyers ensuring that you and other involved parties are on the safe side with the law.
- Another thing we like about Rocket Lawyer is that there are lawyers available to review your contract once you have completed it.
- Once you subscribe to their premium payment plan, Rocket Lawyer offers a free 7-day trial that lets you use all the features before subscribing. What’s more, there’s always a lawyer on standby to represent you in case the other involved party violates the agreements indicated in the contract.
What We Don’t Like About Rocket Lawyer Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- The payment plans are quite costly.
5. Wonder Legal Social Media Marketing Contract Template
This high-ranking platform offers a wide range of legal documents and letters for businesses and freelancers, and its social media marketing contract is no exception.
What We Like About Wonder Legal Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- The contract template is created, vetted, and reviewed by lawyers to ensure that it adheres to the relevant state rules and regulations.
- It is easy to use and highly customizable. The contract template is pretty straightforward to use. All you have to do is select a template, answer the questions presented and download it in Word or PDF format. The questions asked allow the contract to be customized to suit your needs.
- The contract template can be reused after purchase. Once you purchase it, the template is available for unlimited reuse.
What We Don’t Like About Wonder Legal Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- There isn’t any lawyer on standby to review your contract.
- The website does not offer a free trial of the contract template.
6. Docracy Social Media Marketing Contract Template
Docracy is one of the most recommended websites that offers a wide collection of free legal documents, including social media marketing contracts from various reputable and trustworthy sources.
What We Like About Docracy Social Media Marketing Contract
- These documents are readily available to the public, making it easier for you to select the contract that suits your needs, customize and share it with your client or freelance social media marketer.
What We Don’t Like About Docracy Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- Since it is a free contract template, it is not regularly updated.
- The website does not have a mobile version.
7. TEMPLATE.NET Social Media Marketing Contract Template
This website offers over 25000 templates that are well-organized and easy to use.
What We Like About TEMPLATE.NET Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- The platform has 5+ social media marketing contract templates in different designs allowing you to choose which one suits your needs and preferences.
- The template is available for download in many forms such as Google Docs, Microsoft Word, among others.
- We were especially impressed by how well-organized the templates are. This makes them highly customizable and easy to handle.
- The website also adds new template designs constantly, so you cannot miss one that ticks off everything you are looking for.
What We Don’t Like About TEMPLATE.NET Social Media Marketing Contract Template
- Most customers have pointed out that the free and paid template versions are mixed all together making it difficult to differentiate them.
Contracts are vital in setting the right tone of your working relationship with your client or social media marketer. Hopefully, these comprehensive reviews will help you pick out the perfect template to help with the smooth running of your projects.